INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW IT’S USED
Information is collected about you (directly and/or through the activities of third party suppliers and service providers (“suppliers”) and/or franchisees) from various sources, including without limitation the following:
1. Information you provide when you contact us through this Site or our Beans & Brews Mobile App.
2. Information you provide on the Program/account registration and other online pages, surveys, or other submission through this Site and/or in connection with Programs and services available through this Site,
3. Information recorded as a result of your interaction with us and/or franchisees and/or use of the Site (including without limitation information we receive through your participation in our House Rewards Program, historical sales information, information about your location and the device you are using, through this Site or any other website or in any other manner),
4. Information you provide when you respond to surveys conducted by or on behalf of us and/or franchisees,
5. Information we gather about you through our marketing activities (see the Site Usage and Targeted Marketing Information section below),
6. Information we collect about you from outside of this Site, including without limitation information we receive from you in person and/or from third parties (including without limitation from franchisees and referrals from third parties),
7. Information we collect about you from third parties in order to supplement our existing information about you, and
The information collected may be combined with other information and may be used and disclosed in a number of ways by us (directly and/or through activities of franchisees and/or supplier(s)), to help us better understand and serve our customers, or as otherwise described, including without limitation as described below.
– To provide you with, or otherwise respond to your requests for, information and/or services, including but not limited to the House Rewards Loyalty Program, franchise information, marketing and other programs.
– To administer Programs and services, including without limitation providing you with services and Program benefits, features and related communications, to verify your participation in the Program or service, to process orders placed and applicable payments, to track submissions, to make your historical ordering information available to you for your future ordering purposes. Note that third party information you provide (for example, your friend in a forward-to-a-friend/referral program) may be maintained in connection with your submission.
– To provide you with information about new products or services, events in our Coffee Houses, events that Beans & Brews or its franchisee’s sponsors, including but not limited to contests, sweepstakes and surveys, and other special offers and marketing programs, which may include information about our franchisees and/or other programs with which any of us or them are involved.
– To enhance our customers’ and Site users’ experiences in our Coffee Houses, on this Site or in a Program to enhance the sales efforts of Beans & Brews and/or its Franchisees.
– To provide Site and Program functionality.
– To conduct research and analysis and to otherwise measure the effectiveness of this Site, our online and offline marketing efforts and to develop and implement products, services, and marketing programs. This analysis may include combining personal data drawn from online and offline sources.
– To work with third parties to append data to our records or enable other parties to append your non-personal data to their records.
– In connection with certain submissions by you as described in the Terms and Conditions.
– To coordinate Program activities and communications with other marketing programs conducted by us and/or franchisees.
– To process your online job application and related information.
– For purposes of targeted or customized advertising or messaging to you, as further described in Site Usage and Targeted Marketing Information.
We do not sell or rent to third parties any of the personal information that you provide to us through this Site, however, we do provide your information to suppliers who are performing services for us, but we do not authorize third parties unaffiliated with Beans & Brews to make independent use of your personal information for their own benefit, such as for their own direct marketing, without your consent. Additionally, aggregated and/or anonymous information about our users may be shared with any number of third parties. Additionally, we may share your information with our affiliates, franchisees, lenders, investors and/or third party providers. In addition to the uses described above, we share information with these third parties primarily to respond to your specific request or to obtain their service and/or advice on how to improve our business. Your personal information may be transferred to and within the United States, and certain aspects of your personal information may be transferred to other countries. Please also see Security of Your Personal Information below.
On occasion, Beans & Brews may conduct or sponsor contests/sweepstakes with the opportunity to win prizes. As part of entering a contest or sweepstakes on-line through this Site or through a third party provider Site, certain personal information may be required. This information will be used as described in the applicable Official Contest/Sweepstakes rules.
JOB APPLICATION INFORMATION
It may be possible to apply for certain jobs at Beans & Brews through this Site or through a third party provider Site. If you choose to apply in this manner, you will be required to provide certain personal information, to complete questionnaires related to evaluation of your qualifications for certain positions, or provide a resume or other similar employment experience description. Through the application process you may be asked to present pictures or videos of yourself that will demonstrate your interests, your personality and your qualifications as they relate to the job offering. These pictures and videos will be provided by you on a voluntary basis and are not required to apply for a job at Beans & Brews. If though the process of your application your race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics is revealed, such information will not be a factor in the hiring decision. Hiring will be done solely on the qualifications and merit of the applicant. Beans & Brews provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Any such information collected after hiring will be used solely for EEO tracking purposes. Beans & Brews uses suppliers to provide certain of these services. We encourage you to review their privacy policies. (See Third Party Site provision below). Information you submit online through this Site or through supplier Site may be made available to suppliers and/or franchisees of Beans & Brews, as well as certain employees and contractors of Beans & Brews.
Please note that certain suppliers’ Sites may also allow you to submit your resume and/or otherwise apply for jobs at franchisee locations. Beans & Brews is not responsible for the hiring or employment practices of its franchisees. Beans & Brews assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of our franchisees in their handling of the personal information they collect from you online or offline. If you have questions or concerns about a Beans & Brews franchisee, please contact that franchisee directly. If you need assistance reaching a franchisee, please contact us or see the For More Information section below.
If you are a member of the press, Beans & Brews will collect your name and contact information in order to respond to your inquiry. We may store your personal information and inquires for future reference.
SITE USAGE AND TARGETED MARKETING INFORMATION
PROTECTING OUR COMMUNITY
This Site is not directed toward children under the age of fifteen, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are between the ages of 15 and 18, please ensure that you use this Site with the permission of a parent or guardian. If a child under 15 provided this Site with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us, call us at 801-561-5241 or write us at Arabica, LLC, Privacy Department, 8619 Sandy Parkway, Ste 110, Sandy UT and we will promptly delete the child’s information from our records.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Beans & Brews maintains reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Unfortunately though, we can’t guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem. If you believe your account(s) have been compromised, please immediately contact us and take immediate action to remove the credit card, Beans & Brews gift card or other payment information associated with your account(s). Personal information and non-personal information are stored on computers and servers located in the United States. The United States may not offer a level of privacy protection for personal as great as that offered in other jurisdictions. Therefore the disclosure of personal information is at your own risk. We make no representation that the practices described in this policy are compliant with the laws outside of the United States that apply to the collection, security, use and disclosure of personal information. Email submissions over the Internet may not be secure. Please consider this fact before emailing any personal or confidential information.
TRANSFER OF ASSETS OR BUSINESS
In the event of a transfer or sale of some or all of our business or assets, Beans & Brews may disclose your personal information to those involved in such a transfer or sale of business or assets.
CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
Please notify us immediately of a lost or stolen member card. If you need to update, verify or delete your personal information related to a particular Program or service, please edit your account in the area provided, if available as part of a Program, Contact Us, or contact us at Arabica, LLC, Atten: House Rewards, 8619 Sandy Parkway, Ste 110, Sandy, UT. Note that not all fields are able to be changed. If you need to update or verify your personal information related to a job application, please go to the Employment section of this Site, and use your user name and password to update or verify your personal information or to indicate that you no longer want to receive emails regarding other career opportunities. Please note however, that changes made either in an account area or by contacting us directly may not remove your personal information from specific uses for which it was previously provided or active marketing or other programs. This information will be updated as soon as reasonably possible, subject to retention for Program administration, dispute resolution, troubleshooting and other valid legal or business reasons. Please note that your historical usage information may remain in our records.
To opt-out of email marketing communications, unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” choices at the bottom of an email marketing communication from us, or refer to the applicable account page. To opt-out of certain Site and online advertising tracking, see Application/Site Usage and Targeted Marketing Information. To opt-out of future offline uses of your personal information, do not use your Program member card(s) or account(s) and contact us at Contact Us and request that your personal information be deleted. Please note, however, that changes made either in an account area or by contacting us directly may not remove your personal information from specific uses or active marketing or other programs. This information will be updated as soon as reasonably possible, subject to retention for Program administration, dispute resolution, troubleshooting and other valid legal or business reasons. Please note that your historical usage information may remain in our records.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Although this Site may open a new browser window when you click on a link to a third party’s Site, we do not guarantee that you will receive this alert when you leave this Site. It is your responsibility to determine when you have left this Site.
For More Information
8619 Sandy Parkway Ste 110